30.5.09

VS 2010 Beta

I've decided to download and install Visual Studio 2010 Professional (Beta 1). The download page says it will run on Windows 7, which is what i've been running at home for about a month now. I chose not to get the team suite edition due to the fact that I don't get to use that version at work. I don't want to be upset that my development environment at work is inferior to what i'm used to at home, since (unfortunately) I spend more time doing development at work than at home.

It actually downloaded a web installer. While i'm waiting for it to download, not only VS 2010, but .NET 4.0, Microsoft Help 3.0, and a whole bunch of other stuff (I'm guessing they are all required components). I noticed they also have a Visual Studio 2010 and .NET Framework 4 Training Kit - May Preview. I'll download that if I need it, but I think I'm just going to try and figure things out on my own first.

Another interesting thing I notice in the downloader is that it has VS 2010 64-bit prerequisites. I hope that speeds up the environment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Get widget